Saturday, December 19, 2009

so this one is really gay...

i got the idea for this while riding on the subway with an empty coffee cup in hand. someone next to me laughed and i could feel their laughter inside my coffee cup. i thought this was a great metaphor so i decided to build a poem-like thing around it. beware it is extremely disjointed and awkward in lots of places.


i can feel the vibration of your laughter in my empty coffee cup.
a tickle in my palm
a melancholy whisper in my ear
in your absence there has settled a thick mist around my eyes
but mine has nearly nicked any difference in your existence.

i kept our bottle on the shelf
and i find yours in the trash.
is it silly to think these things are special?

the sweetness on your tongue has turned a bitter black
it stings and i want so much to let it go
but the smell of my childhood clings to your clothes
it wont let go
why wont it just let me go?

i know ive changed as well
i cant force all the blame on you
the clouds in my eyes cant seem to quit raining.
im starting to wonder
am i the only one who thinks that tragedy is charming?

No comments:

Post a Comment