Monday, February 22, 2010

autobio... thing...?

i often wonder if i am really an artist/writer or an expressionist. i use characters to express what i am feeling and i rarely step outside the realm of my emotions. i feel that the emotion and all around odd, raw, and often disturbing content and metaphors i use are the backbone of my style. i dont consider myself a good writer or rather a "user of the english language" as much as i used to. i find myself playing with words less and playing with concepts and shocking imagery more than anything else. many times i find the things i write to be very awkward and disjointed. sometimes i like the disjointed feeling and sometimes i dont. it depends on w/e works best with the piece.

i chose the name "this crushing metaphysical crisis" because feel it best describes what my writing consists of and my over all writing style. i write using many metaphors and symbols and it is often very ambiguous and is not grounded in reality or what many consider "real" or relatable. the stories are not structured in a traditional way. many times i like to give snap shots of moments and then bring them together as a very disjointed whole. my blog name is also the name of one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands and i actually posted it as my first entry.

i am not a real writer in the sense that i am writing all the time. however i do seriously consider myself to be a storyteller. lol i dont really know what im doing anymore. mostly i was bored and wanted to procrastinate a bit so i thought i would do somewhat of an autobio thing about the things that im going to post here. hopefully i will e able to capture things more smoothly as i go on and continue to do what i do. its been almost 2 years since ive written anything and ive just found the confidence and the soul to start again. in the recent past i had lost my identity and i didnt have any substance or well of inspiration to draw from since everything i do comes from me.

so thats that story. i really need to start hw now.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment