Friday, November 12, 2010

fragments

a poem game i played with a friend. i took out theirs and just left mine in so thats why its fragmented and might not make sense. these are really old so theyre probably horrible.

like a shadow on the wall, i mean nothing i am nothing, and only those with stars in their eyes find me beautiful.

i hear them in the clicking of my heels, the snap of my neck. when the poison infects the bone there is no going back.

as darkness seeps into my skin the questions run through my mind. what makes people believe? what makes their hearts beat faster? like a missing puzzle piece, the words die on my lips.

ike standing on the fence, the monsters pull, the angels call, even though its hurting at least its something.

in a dying world, it was all i had. this broken dream filled with all the words i cant remember. i could once pull the diamonds from my mouth but now my tongue is laced with ice and ash.

the world embraces the rushing waters and they fall away from me. while i am killing myself swimming up the current trying to get back but i go no where. the messages in the bottles float right passed me. ill never know what they were trying to tell me.

ive hitched myself to a falling star; second star to the right and straight on till morning. you lied to me you lied to me. the foul thoughts still ate my soul and the world still holds me prisoner. i thought i wasnt eve. you told me just one bite. an apple so sweet, the well of all poison.

m at a loss. how can i keep myself alive when i live to run, to feel the wind and feel the ache in my legs; feel the rush, the high- but it makes it that much harder. faster faster. every time i have to run faster to beat myself, to catch the dream. maybe if i run fast enough i will melt into the wind and dissipate into a beautiful nothing; a beautiful everything. breath in. find peace.

you feel whole, and you feel love; the overwhelming over flowing of everything and nothing. make a space to fill you up. break your bones to feel the pain. hide to see if anyone will come looking. drink the poison bc it was in the pretty vile. hold it all together with the flimsy veins of all your broken hearts.

when try to think of it all i can see is something like a butterfly. glassy wings and a crystal cage. a misty view and teardrop rain. if i could drown in it i would, but its not enough so i swallow it whole and breathe it in so at least i can say i tried.

a broken harbor in your mind; a message sent through the nothingness. spiderweb lace spun around your neck; it eats you alive and becomes all you can breath- the lovely infection and your only dream to die by it's velvet black finger tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment